Most Property Owners and Homeowners
Only Hire a Roofing Contractor Every 10 Years or More
& Many Don’t Know What Questions to Ask to Evaluate the Contractor.
The following information is provided to assist property owners, and homeowner’s in the Athens Georgia area in choosing a contractor to install a new metal or shingle roof or to repair your roof due to hail or storm damage.
This is not an exhaustive list, and all of the questions may not apply to your situation.
We will be happy to provide you with a complete copy of our consumer guide and step-by-step roofing installation process once we schedule our first meeting.
Here are three areas we recommend you consider in evaluation every roofing contractor you talk to:
- The Reputation and Business Stability of the Roofing Company
- Their Experience and Methodology
- Their Service Before, During and After Your Project
For each area simply ask the questions and ask the roofing contractor to provide the written evidence to support their answers.
Ask These Question to Protect Yourself from a Roofing Project Filled with:
Missed Deadlines, Hidden Charges and Faulty Workmanship.
- Will you provide a copy of your business registration for your current company? (This is proof of how long they have been in business under this name.)
- What is your main business address?
- Will you disclose all legal entities that you have been an owner, shareholder or partner in that have been a home improvement contractor?
- Will you supply a copy of your current insurance certificate?
- What is your primary business classification for workers compensation insurance purposes?
- Can you provide me with a reference list with at least 10 customers?
EXPERIENCE AND METHODOLOGY
- How many roofs have you installed in the Athens Georgia area in the last year?
- How do you determine whether I need a new roof or just a repair?
- Do you provide a written agreement and a price that is guaranteed for the work specified?
- Will you provide a detailed breakdown of the service you are providing?
- How will you protect my plants during the project?
- Do you have a written policy regarding smoking, drugs and alcohol by your crews?
- How much of a deposit do you require?
SERVICE BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE PROJECT
- Will you provide me with your warranty in writing?
- Have you ever repaired a project that was out of warranty?
- What is your company phone policy?
- How often do you meet with homeowner to review job progress?
We hope these questions give you the information you need to make the best choice when it comes to hiring, evaluating and working with a professional roofing contractor.
We will be happy to provide you with a complete copy of our consumer guide and step-by-step installation process once we schedule our first meeting. We live by our guide. We know this sets a standard that we can be proud of and that the majority of our competitors can’t match. Upon request, we will gladly provide you with our written proof of compliance with each question.
REPUTATION AND BUSINESS STABILITY OF THE ROOFING COMPANY
Nothing is better than customer satisfaction! Athens Roofing, Inc. has earned the service industry’s coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award, reflecting an exemplary year of service provided to members of the local services marketplace and consumer review site in 2014.